Thursday, April 7, 2011

It's That Time of Year

I have a child that plays many sports. He attends a small 3A school so playing multiple sports is not unheard of. I watched a game tonight that could have given a pro game a run for their money. Both teams put it all on the field. There were 3 home runs, a catch that caused a another home run from happening. It is really sad that someone had to loose and that someone was our team, but I can tell you that I have never been more proud of our boys than I was today. They learned more about life today than they will ever know.  One of our boys made a play at second base and the runner ran into him and knocked him out cold. At that point every player on the field forgot about the game and started praying for the boy. The players for our team started running to his aid and it didn't matter who scored or if they lost there hats or gloves. At this point in the game I realized that these boys will be ok and will be able to handle just about anything that comes their way. The boy is ok and finished the game.

No comments:

Post a Comment